Plant with us.
Every year we take five to six church planting (or re-planting) couples through a nine-month high investment, high return experience that catalyzes their health and fruitfulness as planters. In addition to raising up internal candidates from within our family of churches, we partner with couples from like-minded churches who share our vision of planting gospel-centered, deep and wide, multiplying churches.. Often these are couples who don’t have sending churches or whose sending churches do not yet offer the same kind of training. Residency can be done from The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, another church in our family, or from your sending church.
We are looking for proven pastor-leaders with the gift set to plant a church in a strategic US or global city.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Leadership Finishing School – Residency is not an internship. It is a highly intentional leadership experience for experienced pastors who want to make the greatest impact they can make in church planting. You will be poured into by seasoned coaches and mentors who are invested in your success.
- Church Planting Incubator – We don’t just teach you everything we have learned about church planting. You begin planting (or re-planting) the church while in residency, taking what you learn in your cohort and applying it to your growing church.
- Gospel Immersion – We believe the gospel changes everything, including how you plant a church. By experiencing gospel-centered culture and having the gospel applied to your life, you’ll be better equipped to plant a gospel movement in your city.
- Intentional Relationships – your cohort will become like a church planting family, and along the way you’ll have the opportunity to interact with like-minded leaders from our family and others around the country.
- Financial Support – as a resident you will have the opportunity to be connected to our network of supporting and sending churches.
HOW TO APPLY
Residency begins August 1 and ends April 30. We begin considering candidates in October of the prior year and begin making decisions in March.
Inquiry → Assessment → Approval → Residency
To inquire, fill out our Church Planter Interest Form and someone from our staff will follow up with you.