We believe families like ours play an important role in facilitating effective and healthy movement. At the same time, we need broader networks like Send Network to work together for the sake of mission on a larger scale. We decided to change our name to Summit Collaborative to better reflect how our family functions.
Michael Jongkind of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, NC addresses five considerations for planting with people you consider friends. The secret to success here comes in how you execute and delegate.
- Address the relationship before you plant.
- Gain support with an execution rhythm. Michael highly recommends The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals.
- Set only a couple of big goals.
- Focus on the lead measures.
- Have a cadence of accountability.
- Have a scorecard.
- Learn to delegate well. Recommended resource: Busy Managers Guide to Delegation
- Give clear instructions.
- Assign an owner.
- Give a deadline.
- Rinse and repeat.
- Master the art of quick affirmations and corrections. Recommended resource: One Minute Manager
- Essential to leader development.
- See it and say it.
- Listen and learn. Recommended resource: Celeste Headlee TED Talk “10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation”
- Get comfortable with not being the smartest in the room.
- Actively listen.
Make sure you watch the video for more insight and encouragement from these points.