- Start with the end in mind. What culture are you trying to cultivate? Shawn Lovejoy reminds us that our first ten people will be like our next 100.
- Start now with discipleship. While your launch team may not yet be a church, you still have the responsibility to disciple them and equip them. Don’t assume everyone is in the same place.
- Cast vision to vision-casters. Your launch team is there to help establish the vision, so look for people who can replicate and cast vision themselves. Start with your spouse.
- Build a team before you build your church. Your launch team will lay a foundation, but they are not the church yet. Develop skills to build teams. The team that lays the foundation is not the same team that builds the walls.
- Hold tightly to God; hold loosely to your leaders. Not everyone will stay with you. Your a building God’s church. Jesus didn’t die for you to work for him but for you to walk with him.
Leadership is not doing the work of ten men; it’s raising up ten men to do the work.
Make sure you watch the video for details and explanations for all of these insightful and practical points.